Vouchers for the 2015 Senior Farmers Market Nutrition (Vouchers) Program are still available. The vouchers are provided by the United States and Pennsylvania Departments of Agriculture and in collaboration with each local Area Agency on Aging is distributed to seniors throughout the state. You can call 570 822-1158 for more information.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a resident of Luzerne or Wyoming Co. –Proof of residence required.
- Be at least 60 years of age by December 31, 2015-Proof of age required.
- Meet income guidelines based on 2015 Total Household Income: (All income is included, i.e. Social Security, Black Lung, Pension, etc.) – Self declaration-no proof required.
1 Person/Household – $21,775 3 People/Household – $37,167
2 People/Household – $29,471 4 People/Household – $44,863
1) Each qualifying individual is allowed only four (4) $5 vouchers per year.
2) Vouchers will not be sent out by mail.
If the eligible senior is unable to pick up the vouchers, he/she can send someone (proxy) to pick up the vouchers as long as the proxy brings the signed and completed proxy form with them when picking up the vouchers. The “Proxy Form” shown above on this website can be used. The “Proxy Form” is also now available at any of the Active Adult centers sponsored by Area Agency on Aging listed below but must be picked up, completed and signed prior to the date the vouchers are obtained. NO OTHER FORM OR NOTE WILL BE ALLOWED.
- A limit of two (2) Proxy Forms is allowed per person.
- A spouse must have the official proxy form (completed and signed) when picking up vouchers for his/her spouse.
- A person having Power of Attorney must have the official proxy form (completed and signed) when picking up vouchers.