TRANSPORTATION FOR WYOMING COUNTY RESIDENTS:
Deadline for submission, WEDNESDAY, JUNE 25th 2014
See instructions below:
c/o Pam Guarneri
20 North Pennsylvania Avenue, Wilkes Barre, Pa 18711
by May 19, 2014 at 4:00 P.M.
All RFP’S must be delivered by the time stated in the bid packet.
All RFP’s must be delivered to the:
Failure to follow these instructions will result in RFP rejection.
You should allow additional time for your RFP to be forwarded from the Court House to Penn Place.
It is the Bidders responsibility to get their RFP’S to the PURCHASING DEPARTMENT by the time specified.
ALL BID RETURNS MUST HAVE THIS LABEL
ATTACHED WITH THE NAME AND REFERENCE
NUMBER OF THE BID TO THE OUTSIDE OF THE
RETURN ENVELOPE (UPS, FEDEX, ETC.) OR IT
WILL BE REJECTED.
REFERENCE # ____________________________
SEALED RFP PROPOSALS must be submitted to The Luzerne County Purchasing Department, c/o Pam Guarneri, 20 North Pennsylvania Avenue, Wilkes Barre, Pa 18711 by 4:00 P.M May 19, 2014. RFP’S will be opened in the Luzerne County Purchasing Department. RFP packages may be obtained at the offices of Luzerne County Purchasing Department in the Penn Place Building, 20 North Pennsylvania Avenue, Wilkes Barre, Pa 18711, and on the website at www.luzernecounty.org or www.aginglw.org
Failure to follow these instructions may result in RFP rejection. THE ATTACHED LABELS MUST BE AFFIXED TO THE OUTSIDE OF THE MAILING ENVELOPE OR THE RFP WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
The Post Office does not deliver mail directly to Penn Place. You should allow additional time for your RFP to be forwarded from the Court House to Penn Place.It is the Responders responsibility to get their RFP packets to the Purchasing Office by the time specified.
By signing and submitting a RFP, each bidder shall be deemed to have consented in writing that the RFP may be awarded and shall remain open up to sixty (60) days of the RFP opening.
The County of Luzerne does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, family, and handicapped status in employment or the provision of services.The County of Luzerne is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Proposals will be accepted from any individual, agency or organization, whether public or private, profit or non-profit, which meets the conditions of this RFP; however, preference will be given to Luzerne and/or Wyoming County-based providers. The Area Agency on Aging for Luzerne and Wyoming Counties does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or familial status in employment or the provision of services.
Agencies are not permitted to subcontract or assign any part of the work covered under the scope of the agreement without prior written consent of the Area Agency on Aging.
The Area Agency on Aging for Luzerne/Wyoming Counties is not liable for any costs incurred by any contractor in the preparation and/or negotiation of any proposal submitted as a result of this RFP, or for any costs of whatever nature incurred prior to issuance of a contract.
Proposed contractors must complete the entire RFP application, which must conform to the following specifications:
* Proposals must be prepared simply and economically, providing a straightforward, concise description of the contractor’s ability to meet the requirements of this RFP.
* Two (2) copies of each proposal must be submitted. All copies must contain original signatures.
* Proposals must be placed in an envelope and sealed. The envelope should be marked “SEALED PROPOSAL-DO NOT OPEN”. Proposals should be sent by registered mail. The hand-delivery of proposals is permitted. Hand-delivered proposals will only be accepted between the hours of 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., and the same deadline will apply.
* Proposals must be addressed and delivered only to the following location:
* Consumer choice services are Personal Care, Day Care, Home Health, Personal Emergency Response Systems, Home Support/Chore, and Environmental Modifications.* Contractors will submit the signed Rate Sheets and supporting documents in the same manner as described above, or the documents may be hand-signed, scanned, and submitted electronically on or before the required deadline to Cheryl Yardchik at the following e-mail email@example.com
The following factors will be used in the evaluation and grading of proposals submitted in response to this RFP:
The AAA reserves the right to accept or reject any and all proposals, to waiver technical defects, and to accept or reject any part of any proposal submitted as a result of this RFP.No proposal will be considered unless the quoted cost is firm and unqualified.
Proposals must be presented in the format and sequence detailed in this RFP. Failure to do so, and/or to respond to specific questions or requirements is sufficient for a proposal’s automatic disqualification.
In order to be considered, all proposals must be submitted independently and without collusion with any other contractor.
Contractors will be obliged to produce proof of adequate bonding and insurance, sufficient to satisfy the AAA.
All activities carried on pursuant to any contract resulting from proposals submitted in response to the RFP are bound by all applicable state and federal regulations and policies, as well as all other activities, policies and procedures required by the AAA. Among the most important of these include regulations pursuant to the Older Americans Act, as amended, and Pennsylvania Act 70.
Other policies and procedures of special note include:
* Contractor shall maintain all fiscal documentation required by State and Federal regulations for the purpose of fiscal audits and monitoring.
* Contractor shall utilize, if required, source documents required for submission of information to the AAA Management Information System. Detailed information regarding routing and completion of these forms is attached. As technology warrants, electronic data transfer may be initiated.
* Contractor shall complete all program and fiscal reports as required by the AAA. This will include any and all demographic and service information concerning service recipients, and costs associated in providing services thereof, as deemed appropriate by the AAA.
* All contractors must agree to comply with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding Affirmative Action/Civil Rights compliance including the provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act of 1955, Title 16 Pennsylvania Code Chapter 49, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1992.
* Contractor shall not maintain a policy of mandatory retirement for any positions funded in whole or in part, or connected with service to be provided as a result of this RFP.
* Contractors are required to specify in all printed material, advertisements or public relations activities that services are provided through a contract with the Area Agency on Aging for Luzerne and Wyoming Counties.
* Contractors will be expected to participate in meetings, task forces, committees, public hearings and other activities sponsored by the AAA.
* If the contractor fails to deliver services to any client as agreed upon, the AAA may procure services from an alternate vendor or vendors. In such cases, the AAA will charge the costs of such services, plus expenses incurred by the AAA in procuring such services, to the contractor.
Open Requests for Proposals